Thursday 23 September 2010

Fresh lavender from my garden


Let me get one thing straight here. I am not a Gardener! I try, but I fail miserably mostly, except for one hardy plant.... Lavender!


I have had a bit of luck with lavender so far. The lavender plants here were well established when we moved in, so all I've had to do is keep them watered and pick the flowers off from time to time. I really love the sense of calm I get from picking lavender, it really does relax me.

I am thinking of making up some scented lavender bags for some of the girls in my family for christmas presents this year. As part of my plan to keep the costs down and give some hand-made presents. I'm thinking it sounds tragically daggy but who doesn't like their cupboards and drawers to smell devine!? What do you all think, too daggy?
Oh and the little cupcakes along-side it, are just to show off my op-shop find today! They are fake little cupcakes, which will go great with the girls tea-set! I couldn't have made them for what they cost, a grand total of $2. Oh and the lady at the op-shop was so gorgeous, she was telling me about what materials I could use if I wanted to make some up! Thinking I may just give them a try some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment