Tuesday 17 March 2009

Her name is Freya.



This is the first dolly I have ever made. She is from a pattern by Melly & Me but I have altered her to my taste. I have chosen not to attach the wings as per the pattern as they wouldn't suit the style I was trying to acheive. K really likes Freya, but she was a bit upset because Freya didn't have arms for a couple of weeks. I was slack and never got around to sewing them on, and K kept finding them in the sewing room and bringing them to me saying "you make dolly arms!", so I finished attaching them this morning. Now I'm going to make a second dolly as the girls are already fighting over her.

I couldn't quite work out how to gather the skirt without it looking like a mess, so I pleated it instead. I also changed the feet as I liked the look of these better.

No comments:

Post a Comment